Change the language name value in JoomFish language selection module
How to change the text value in JoomFish's module Language Selection from lets say "English (United Kingdom)" to "eng". A simple database modification will do the trick.
- Go to your phpmyadmin (or your other database manager, if it is not phpmyadmin)
- Select table jos_languages (or if you have a different prefix, just find yourprefix_languages) and click to explore it
- Change the values in the field “name”. You'll see that the name for English language is English (United Kingdom). Change the value to 'eng' or whatever you wish.
- Save the new value (click Go)
- Refresh your page and voila, your language text string value has changed.